From the recording Love of the Islands
I wrote this song right on the sand on Pineapple Beach at Waikiki Beach. Recorded it at my hut upstairs and then it was chosen over Bruddah Iz's "Over the Rainbow" for the lead song in the Lifetime movie "Deadly Honeymoon," opening beach wedding scene. This song has hit #1 in Hawaii and Australia many times and helped me win my first Hawaii Music Award.
All words and music by Ricky Hana.
Vocals by Ricky Hana and Alan Satchwell.
Production by Ricky Hana and Alan Satchwell.
Guitars, bass, drums/percussion by Ricky Hana.
Trumpet and B3 Organ by Alan Satchwell.
* Two Time Hawaii Music Awards Winner
* Multiple Performances CBS/NBC Honolulu Hawaii (8x's)
* Supported Artist KoAloha Ukulele Honolulu Hawaii
* Pineappleman Hawaii #1 2019 Hawaii Top100 Albums
* Another Day in Paradise #1 Hawaii Top500 Songs
* Another Day in Paradise in "Deadly Honeymoon" on Lifetime Movie Network (opening song)
* Shared the Big Stage with The Beach Boys, The Pretenders, Judas Priest, Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers, Hall & Oates, Van Halen, Pablo Cruise, Toto, Rick Springfield, Missing Persons, the Go-Go's, Huey Lewis & the News
* Previously on Warner Bros. Records
* Wrote Worldwide Released Single with Jim Messina
* Past Management with The Beach Boys
* Santa Barbara Songwriters Showcase Winner
* Los Angeles Songwriters Showcase Winner
* Wrote "Love Me Tonight" with Bridget Benenate (Breakaway Kelly Clarkson)
* On SHOWTIME for an entire summer
* Wrote Commercials for Warner/Elektra/Atlantic (WEA)
* BA in Film Studies at University of California, Santa Barbara
* Composition Major Berklee College of Music in Boston, Mass
* Film Major at San Francisco State University
* Designed over 200 World Class Surfboards
* Professor of Ukulele at Waikiki Beach
* Life Coach/Counselor at Waikiki Beach