From the recording Love of the Islands
I wrote this song right on the sand on Pineapple Beach at Waikiki Beach. Recorded it at my hut upstairs and then it was chosen over Bruddah Iz's "Over the Rainbow" for the lead song in the Lifetime movie "Deadly Honeymoon," opening beach wedding scene. This song has hit #1 in Hawaii and Australia many times and helped me win my first Hawaii Music Award.
All words and music by Ricky Hana.
Vocals by Ricky Hana and Alan Satchwell.
Production by Ricky Hana and Alan Satchwell.
Guitars, bass, drums/percussion by Ricky Hana.
Trumpet and B3 Organ by Alan Satchwell.
* Professional Beach Bum Waikiki Beach
* Two Time Hawaii Music Awards Winner
* Multiple Performances CBS/NBC Honolulu Hawaii (8x's)
* Supported Artist KoAloha Ukulele Honolulu Hawaii
* #1 Hawaii TOP100 Songs - "Another Day in Paradise"
* Another Day in Paradise in "Deadly Honeymoon" on Lifetime Movie Network (opening song)
* #1 Hawaii TOP100 ALBUMS - "Pineapple"
* #1 Hawaii TOP100 ALBUMS - "Pineappleman Hawaii"
* #1 Hawaii TOP100 ALBUMS - "Summer"
* #1 Hawaii TOP100 ALBUMS - "Pau Hana"
* #1 Hawaii TOP100 ALBUMS - "Love of the Islands"
* #1 Hawaii TOP100 ALBUMS - "Chillaxin"
* Shared the Big Stage with Van Halen, Judas Priest, The Pretenders, Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers, Humble Pie, the Beach Boys, Hall & Oates, Pablo Cruise, Toto, Greg Kihn, Rick Springfield, Missing Persons, the Sex Pistols, Huey Lewis & the News
* Previously on Warner Bros. Records
* Guitar with all-black funk band Fatback
* Guitar with funk/jazz band Groove Company LTD
* Guitar with SBCC Big Band Jazz
* Guitar with punk band SPY - EMI Australia
* Guitar with DB Cooper Warner Bros Records
* Guitar with Godspell (North American Tour)
* Guitar with The Fantasticks and Anything Goes (off Broadway)
* Founder of the Dreamers (2nd place MTV Basement Tapes)
* Past Management with The Beach Boys
* Santa Barbara Songwriters Showcase Winner
* Los Angeles Songwriters Showcase Winner
* On SHOWTIME for an entire summer
* Wrote Commercials for Warner/Elektra/Atlantic (WEA)
* BA in Film Studies at University of California, Santa Barbara
* Wrote "Honor Our Children" Hawaii C&Y Day
* Wrote "Island Cry" for Hawaii Five-O
* Wrote "Big Tease" with Jim Messina
* Wrote "Love Me Tonight" with Bridget Benenate (Kelly Clarkson "Breakaway")
* Composition Major Berklee College of Music in Boston, Mass
* Film Major at San Francisco State University
* Designed over 200 World Class Surfboards
* Professor of Ukulele at Waikiki Beach
* Life Coach/Counselor at Waikiki Beach
Sittin' on the beach sippin' on a cold one
Checkin' out the waves in the tropical sun
I got a big fatty I'm feelin' pretty good oh yeah
I play my ukulele in the tropical heat
My girlfriend's singing to my reggae beat
We're gonna be chasing the rainbows into the night
Oh yeah, awwright
Another Day in Paradise
Oh yeah, uh-huh
Another Day in Paradise
My main squeeze mama, keikis play in the sand
A conch shell song from a catamaran
Coconut palms swaying to that island beat