"Ricky Hana is the most versatile guitarist/songwriter on the planet"
He has written/played most music genres. Many of his songs have won music awards, placed in movies, and hit #1 on record charts. His guitar playing landed him on Warner Bros Records, off Broadway Shows, and unto Waikiki Beach! He's toured with Judas Priest, Tom Petty, and played major concerts with Toto, the Pretenders, the Beach Boys, Van Halen. He's even played in all-black Funk bands and Big Band Jazz!
Here are sum of his music genres:
Beach Funk, Hawaiian, Trop Rock, Island Pop, Island Rock, Hawaii Pop, Ukulele, Heavy Metal, Punk, New Wave, Classical, Hard Rock, Power Pop, Funk, Smooth Jazz, Bossa Nova, Hawaiian chant, Broadway musicals, Rhythm & Blues, Folk, Tropical Folk, New Wave, Christian, Spiritual, Reggae, Surf, Blues, Country, Holiday, Big Band Jazz, Hawaiian Slack Key Guitar.
And as Ricky says, "I NEVER get bored!!"
“I'm not an artist.......I'm a lifestyle”
— Pineappleman Hawaii
* Two Time Hawaii Music Awards Winner
* Multiple Performances CBS/NBC Honolulu Hawaii (8x's)
* Supported Artist KoAloha Ukulele Honolulu Hawaii
* #1 Hawaii TOP100 Songs - "Another Day in Paradise"
* Another Day in Paradise in "Deadly Honeymoon" on Lifetime Movie Network (opening song)
* #1 Hawaii TOP100 Albums - "Pineapple"
* #1 Hawaii TOP100 Albums - "Pineappleman Hawaii"
* #1 Hawaii TOP100 Albums - "Summer"
* #1 Hawaii TOP100 Albums - "Pau Hana"
* #1 Hawaii TOP100 Albums - "Love of the Islands"
* #1 Hawaii TOP100 Albums - "Chillaxin"
* Shared the Big Stage with Van Halen, Judas Priest, The Pretenders, Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers, Humble Pie, the Beach Boys, Hall & Oates, Pablo Cruise, Toto, Greg Kihn, Rick Springfield, Missing Persons, the Go-Go's, Huey Lewis & the News
* Previously on Warner Bros. Records
* Guitar with all black funk band Fatback
* Guitar with funk band Groove Company LTD
* Guitar with SBCC Big Band Jazz
* Guitar with New Wave band SPY - EMI Australia
* Guitar with DB Cooper Warner Bros Records
* Guitar with Godspell (North American Tour)
* Guitar with "The Fantasticks" and "Anything Goes" (off Broadway)
* Founder of The Dreamers feat Bridget Benenate (Kelly Clarkson Breakaway)
* Past Management with The Beach Boys
* Santa Barbara Songwriters Showcase Winner
* Los Angeles Songwriters Showcase Winner
* On SHOWTIME for an entire summer
* Wrote Commercials for Warner/Elektra/Atlantic (WEA)
* BA in Film Studies at University of California, Santa Barbara
* Wrote "Honor Our Children" Hawaii C&Y Day
* Wrote "Island Cry" for Hawaii Five-O
* Wrote "Big Tease" with Jim Messina
* Wrote "Love Me Tonight" with Bridget Benenate (Kelly Clarkson "Breakaway")
* Composition Major Berklee College of Music in Boston, Mass
* Film Major at San Francisco State University
* Designed over 200 World Class Surfboards
* Professor of Ukulele at Waikiki Beach
* Life Coach/Counselor at Waikiki Beach
Pineapple Beach 3:000:00/3:00
Summer Waikiki 4:050:00/4:05
Walk With Me 2:510:00/2:51
One Wish 2:490:00/2:49
Go Hawaii 3:040:00/3:04
Bottoms Up 3:160:00/3:16
Ke Akua Mahalo 2:480:00/2:48
Back to the Island 2:520:00/2:52
Pineappleman shines, giving off tropical vibes
Pineappleman makes a great first impression
- Honolulu Star Advertiser
Pineappleman wins another Hawaii Music Award - Honolulu Star Bulletin